BENSON HIGH SCHOOL MAGNET SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Benson High School Magnet Scholarship should be filled out by seniors with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 wishing to be eligible for several Benson High School, Omaha Schools Foundation, and Omaha Education Association scholarships, in which the recipients are selected by the Benson High School Scholarship Committee. The application, activity resume, essay, and reference form are due the last Friday in January.
BENSON HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Benson High School Alumni Scholarship Application should be filled out by students in the top 50% of the senior class wishing to be eligible for one of the six $1500 scholarships awarded by the Benson High School Alumni Association Scholarship Committee. The application, activity resume, essay, and reference form are due the last Friday in January.
MELANIE KOONTZ MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
- Student must demonstrate financial need and submit student aid report or college funding estimator.
- Student must submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or school administrator.
- Student must submit a recent transcript showing a grade point average between 2.5 and 3.5.
- Student must submit an essay entitled “How I plan to make a difference for myself and others.” Student should include information about their intended major and why they are pursuing it.
Selection Process: Selection will be made by the family of Melanie Koontz in consultation with the Benson High Scholarship Committee
Amount: $500.00 payable to the college or university upon the Foundation’s receipt of verification of enrollment from the institution chosen by the recipient.
Materials are due to Mrs. Brown in the counseling office by 3:05 p.m. on March 4, 2021.
UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT OMAHA
- Incoming freshman who complete a UNO application by December 1 will be automatically considered for University-wide scholarships.
- UNO colleges and departments may have scholarships available for specific programs or majors.
- For more information: www.unomaha.edu/admissions/financial-support-and-scholarships/types-of-aid/scholarships/index.php
- GOODRICH SCHOLARSHIP: Click here for more information! Due March 1, 2020, 5:00 p.m.
Tuition and Fees for up to five years. The Goodrich scholarship is both merit-and-need-based.
Once all steps are complete, click the SUBMIT button at the bottom of the page. Eligible applicants with complete files will then be invited to an in-person interview and asked to write a personal essay.
UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT LINCOLN
- Incoming freshmen who complete an application to UNL by January 15 and take the ACT/SAT by the December test date will be automatically considered for University-wide scholarships.
- UNL colleges and departments may have scholarships available for specific programs or majors.
- For information: https://admissions.unl.edu/cost.aspx
UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT KEARNEY
- Incoming freshmen who are admitted to UNK by March 1 will be automatically considered for University-wide scholarships.
- UNK colleges and departments may have scholarships available for specific programs and majors.
WAYNE STATE COLLEGE
- Wayne State offers more than 200 scholarships and awards more than $3.3 million in scholarships.
- Students are eligible for scholarships based on academic ability, field of study, leadership ability and a variety of other criteria.
- AwardSpring is their online scholarship application system with over 200 scholarships listed.
PERU STATE COLLEGE
STEVE HOGAN GOLF ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
- The Steve Hogan Golf Association will award a $500 scholarship to a minority senior planning to attend college that has above average standing and is a member of the boys or girls high school golf team. Interested students should submit a bibliography of 150-200 words listing name and date of birth, high school activities/honors/awards, and goals/aspirations to Willie Paschall, 2312 N 151st Street, Omaha, NE 68116.
OMAHA EDUCATION ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIPS
The Omaha Education Association Foundation offers several scholarships to children of members and Omaha Public High School students. Please visit https://omahaoea.org/oea-foundation-scholarships/ for more information. Please follow the guidelines on the website. The due date is March 18.
MT. OLIVE LUTHERAN CHURCH SCHOLARSHIP
The Mt. Olive Lutheran Church Scholarship application can be found at http://www.mountoliveomaha.com/scholarship-appl. Hard copies are available in the school counseling office. The scholarship amount is $1000, and can be used at any accredited two-year or four-year college/university or vocational/technical school. Seniors that are members of Mt. Olive Lutheran Church or that live within the Mt. Olive Lutheran Church neighborhood (north of Ames, east of 52nd) with a 2.5 or above GPA are eligible. Applications due April 15, 2021.
RICKI GETZSCHMAN SCHOLARSHIP
- The recipient shall have attended Benson High School at least two years and be a graduating senior from Benson High School.
- The student shall have demonstrated academic excellence ( GPA at least 3.0) and true positive participation in school and in life outside school.
- The student shall submit a two page(not to exceed three pages) essay on the subject matter asked in the attached reading.
- The student will also provide two letters of reference, one being a teacher or administrator.
- This scholarship may be used for any field of study. It may be also used for trade schools or community colleges.
Amount: One scholarship of $2500 shall be awarded annually, payable to the college or University upon the Omaha Schools Foundation's receipt of verification of enrollment from the institution chosen by the recipient.
In addition: The recipient shall be awarded $2500 each of the succeeding four years upon the Foundation's receipt of a transcript from the college or university showing the recipient has maintained a 3.0 GPA and is a student in good standing. Said award to be paid to the college or university as before. Recipient shall also provide a brief letter regarding how each year has progressed, the struggles and successes, any interesting anecdotes, changes in goals and perceptions of the world, etc. Criteria must be met in consecutive years. If, in any year, the recipient did not meet the criteria they will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
Selection of Recipients by: The Getzschman family and selected friends of the family.
Materials are due to Mrs. Brown in the counseling office by 3:05 p.m. on March 4, 2021
OPS MIDDLE SCHOOL- DISTRICT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Seniors with a 2.5 or above who attended at least two years at the same middle school (Beveridge, Bryan, Buffett, King Science, Lewis and Clark, Marrs, McMillan, Monroe, Morton, or Norris) are eligible to apply for several scholarships through the OPS Middle School/PTA District Scholarship Application. Completed applications are due to the school counseling office by February 25, 2020.
OPS MIDDLE SCHOOL DISTRICT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Seniors with a 2.5 or above who attended at least two years at the same elementary school (Adams, Ashland Park Robbins, Belle Ryan, Boyd, Catlin, Columbian, Conestoga, Crestridge, Dodge, Dundee, Edison, Florence, Gilder, Hartman, Highland, Jefferson, Joslyn, Lothrop, Masters, Pawnee, Picotte, Pinewood, Prairie Wind, Rose Hill, Springville, Sunny Slope, Walnut Hill, Washington) are eligible to apply for several scholarships through the OPS Elementary School/PTA District Scholarship Application. Completed applications are due to the school counseling office by February 25, 2020.
NATIONAL ROTC COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
- The National ROTC College Scholarship window opened on June 1st. The window for the scholarship closes on January 10th, 2019.
- Benefits of the scholarship: Your college tuition is paid for (regardless of residency) OR room and board (up to $10,000) and your book allowance is $1,200 per year. Also, a monthly stipend of $300-$500 depending on academic level.
- You can apply for the scholarship by going to www.goarmy.com/rotc/high-school-students/four-year-scholarship.html Click “Take the next step: Create an Account”, then follow instructions.
- You will need to take a physical fitness test that consists of one-minute timed push-ups, one-minute timed sit-ups, and one-mile run. You will also be notified to schedule an interview after the online portion has been completed. It is at an Army ROTC Department with a Professor of Military Science.
- When that is complete, you will be marked “board ready”. There are 3 rounds of the scholarship board every year with the last round held in Feb 2019.
- THE SOONER YOU APPLY, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES.
KEVIN VANN SCHOLARSHIP
- The graduating senior must hold a 2.0 or above GPA.
- The scholarship is for an African-American male.
- Student must submit a current transcript and SAR from FAFSA or College Funding Estimator.
- Student must submit a short essay focused on describing how you are involved in your school including activities, sports, etc and how you will continue to contribute to your community.
Materials are due to Mrs. Brown in the counseling office by 3:05 p.m. on March 2, 2020.