DECEMBER-JANUARY SCHOLARSHIP NEWSLETTER
BENSON HIGH SCHOOL MAGNET SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Benson High School Magnet Scholarship should be filled out by seniors with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 wishing to be eligible for several Benson High School, Omaha Schools Foundation, and Omaha Education Association scholarships, in which the recipients are selected by the Benson High School Scholarship Committee. The application, activity resume, essay, and reference form are due the second Friday in February.
BENSON HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
The Benson High School Alumni Scholarship Application should be filled out by students in the top 50% of the senior class wishing to be eligible for one of the six $1500 scholarships awarded by the Benson High School Alumni Association Scholarship Committee. The application, activity resume, essay, and reference form are due the second Friday in February.
MELANIE KOONTZ MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
Click here for more information!
UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT OMAHA
UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT LINCOLN
- Incoming freshmen who complete an application to UNL by January 15 and take the ACT/SAT by the December test date will be automatically considered for University-wide scholarships.
- UNL colleges and departments may have scholarships available for specific programs or majors.
- For information: https://admissions.unl.edu/cost.aspx
UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA AT KEARNEY
WAYNE STATE COLLEGE
- Wayne State offers more than 200 scholarships and awards more than $3.3 million in scholarships.
- Students are eligible for scholarships based on academic ability, field of study, leadership ability and a variety of other criteria.
- AwardSpring is their online scholarship application system with over 200 scholarships listed.
PERU STATE COLLEGE
NATIONAL ROTC COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
- The National ROTC College Scholarship window opened on June 1st. The window for the scholarship closes on January 10th, 2019.
- Benefits of the scholarship: Your college tuition is paid for (regardless of residency) OR room and board (up to $10,000) and your book allowance is $1,200 per year. Also, a monthly stipend of $300-$500 depending on academic level.
- You can apply for the scholarship by going to www.goarmy.com/rotc/high-school-students/four-year-scholarship.html Click “Take the next step: Create an Account”, then follow instructions.
- You will need to take a physical fitness test that consists of one-minute timed push-ups, one-minute timed sit-ups, and one-mile run. You will also be notified to schedule an interview after the online portion has been completed. It is at an Army ROTC Department with a Professor of Military Science.
- When that is complete, you will be marked “board ready”. There are 3 rounds of the scholarship board every year with the last round held in Feb 2019.
- THE SOONER YOU APPLY, THE BETTER YOUR CHANCES.