The Benson High School Magnet Scholarship Application should be filled out by seniors with a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5 wishing to be eligible for several Benson High School, Omaha Schools Foundation, and Omaha Education Association scholarships, in which the recipients are selected by the Benson High School Scholarship Committee. The application, activity resume, essay, and reference form are due the second Friday in February.
COMPLETING THE FAFSA
Create a fsa id (student and parent) at fafsa.ed.gov.
use 2017-2018 fafsa checklist found at www.educationquest.org.
make an appointment with the EducationQuest representative that comes to your school counseling office on naviance if you need assistance.
After you have submitted your FAFSA, you should:
- Expect your Student Aid Report (SAR).
- Verify financial aid information with your college if they require it.
- Expect award notifications from the colleges you have applied to and listed on your FAFSA.
- Compare financial aid packages from each college you applied to.
Password: Your Date of Birth mmddyyyy (no dashes or slashes, two digit month, two digit day, four digit year)
Use Naviance to...
- Find Scholarships
- Request Transcripts
- Request Letters or Recommendation
- Sign up for College Visits
Seniors are encouraged to take the ACT at the beginning of their senior year and juniors at the end of their junior year. Students qualifying for free/reduced lunch should see their assigned counselor for a fee waiver. Students are allowed 2 ACT fee waivers that can be used during junior and/or senior year. Colleges use your highest composite score for admission and scholarship decisions
- Register online at www.actstudent.org
- Benson's school code: 281690
- Benson's test center code: 180000
- Students qualifying for free/reduced lunch, see your counselor about fee waiver information.
- Be sure to select the 4 colleges you want to receive your results.
Most community colleges will accept either the ACT or the ACCUPLACER test. If you are planning to take the ACCUPLACER, this can be done anytime senior year. To take the ACCUPLACER Test at Metro Community College, contact their main office at 402-457-2400 to make an appointment. There is no cost for the ACCUPLACER test.